Quick and Easy Butter Chicken Recipe
Do you whip down to the takeaway and buy some heavy, greasy and indigestible food that you later wish you'd not eaten ?
Here is a delicious easy to prepare meal that can be made quickly and is adaptable enough to switch ingredients depending on what is in the cupboard at the time.
This Butter Chicken dish that will melt in your mouth and is so delicious it will have even takeaway fans begging for more so make plenty.
- Butter Chicken Recipe
- 4 teaspoons butter ( or use low fat spread if you prefer)
- 480 grams chicken cut into small pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated root ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon each of chili powder, tumeric, cinnamon, garam masala
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced (or switch to something else like slice peppers)
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and ground black pepper
- Melt butter and saute the chicken, onion and garlic until the chicken is cooked.
- Add ginger, chili, tumeric, cinnamon and garam masala
- Cook gently for 5 minutes
- Add tomato paste, mushrooms, water, salt and pepper and simmer another 5 minutes until sauce has thickened.
Variations: add beans, or spring onions, switch the mushrooms for something else like asparagus, peas. Stir through some yogurt just before serving or sprinkle some herbs or parsley over - your choice.
This is a recipe we make often and it tastes deliciously different every time we make it according to what is in the pantry at the time and as you see from the photo, we have used peas not mushrooms this time.
The aroma of this dish cooking is enough to tempt the most die hard takeaway addict !
Feel wonderful, look amazing in 28 Days by eating better